Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Circuit

When you make the decision to become a parent you have to make sacrifices  for your kids. You can't call quits. You have to make the best life possible for each child. In the story "The Circuit" the dad doesn't live up to his expectations.

The frightening thing about this story is that it's so true. Parents not giving their children the amount of love they need, sounds about right. I don't know if it's that is hard to make enough money or find time to spend with them; and that's why they don't get the proper care. I feel as if you make the commitment to have a child, you have to give them what they need; and if you can't do this them you have to put the baby up for adoption to give her/him a better life. Or, just don't have a baby.

How this relates to the story is that Papa makes crucial mistakes. He makes choices that he thinks is best for the family, but it doesn't seem like it. As their family moves again his son Panchito was sad. Then, he went to school and ended up loving it. Right as Panchito got home the family was moving again. Education is an important thing in kids life. Therefore, I thought Papa made a very bad decision.

When I read stories like this one, it makes me feel better that my parents do make the time to spend with me even if they have a million things on their plate. Like when my mom just a week or two ago took a day off from work to chaperone for a school field trip; and the whole time I didn't talk to any of my friends, and she didn't talk to the other parents. My mom and I don't spend as much time together as I would like so it touched my heart that she went out of her way to do this for me. Another thing is that my dad is the best thing that I could have. He's always in the bleachers cheering me on at every game, when the rest of my family can't make it. Or when I tell him I need to buy a shirt for the dance and get make-up he says "Don't worry about it, it on me." For me, that was huge, because usually knowing me, it's not one or two dollars.

The point to this story was to do what's necessary for your child no matter what the circumstances are. Also, noticing your kids, and not making decisions based upon you, but for the greater good of your family.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Response to "THE CIRCUIT"
    I like how you related the idea to real life and how lucky you are to have the parents to have. I think I also have very nice parents. You might want to work on A/B transitions.
    ~Redmon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this because it expressed your feelings for the "Papa". But doing this you still didn't have very much voice in your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the piece. But you didn't write an authors note.

    ReplyDelete